- New Zealand’s largest energy retailer
- Electricity, natural gas, LPG, renewable energy
- 1000+ employees
- Minimise risk
- Increase personal accountability for safety
- Create and foster an injury-free workplace
- 89% TRIFR reduction
- 55% LTIFR reduction
- 82% increase in safety observations
Sentis partnered with Genesis Energy to design and deliver a safety intervention that would empower the company to take control of safety outcomes on both an individual and organisational level.
Built around Sentis’ Zero Incident Process (ZIP), grounded in proven psychology and evidenced through our research and assessments, Sentis and Genesis Energy have worked together to implement an enduring safety culture change solution.A state-owned enterprise, Genesis Energy represents New Zealand’s largest energy retailer and employs more than 1000 people locally. As a generator of electricity, Genesis has multiple production sites across the country. Genesis’ diverse operations across energy generation, trading, and retail required a flexible and customised approach to ensure program learnings connected across the entire organisation.
Over the course of a two-year engagement, Sentis conducted the following activities:
Following the implementation of Sentis' ZIP training program, Genesis Energy have seen a significant reduction in injury frequency including a 89% reduction in TRIFR and a 55% reduction in LTIFR. Genesis Energy have also seen a 82% increase in safety observations since engaging with Sentis.
Participant feedback has also been extremely positive:
- 90% agree that ZIP training will increase their personal safety and their organisation’s safety
- 94% indicate that they are eager to put what they have learned into practice
- 98% would recommend the ZIP safety training program to others
“The one initiative that Genesis has rolled out in recent times where there has been universal embrace and positive experience and feedback across the organisation”.Albert Brantley, Former CEO Genesis EnergyInterested to learn more about our approach and how we can help your business? Send us a message or call 1300 653 042.